Club Info > Golf > Golf Course  
 
 

Originally established in 1904, the golf course comprised of six holes built along the Allegheny River at Logan’s Ferry, Plum Township.  Frequent floods made the site unplayable most of the time, and it became necessary to relocate to a new site. It was then that 50 acres was purchased adjoining the old Wilkinsburg Verona street car line and a 9-hole course was opened. An old house belonging to the McMillan family was used for the purpose of storing equipment and the house still remains across the street from Green Oaks Country Club to the present day. In 1907 a new colonial style clubhouse was completed and later land was purchased to extend the club’s grounds to the Allegheny River to make room for an 18-hole course. The current clubhouse at Green Oaks Country Club was constructed after a fire in December of 1950 and was completed in 1954.

Please click the links for a descriptive look at our Championship Golf Course

Front Nine                                                      Back Nine

Donald Ross                                                                             
Presently, Green Oaks Country Club is home to a beautifully manicured Donald Ross designed 18-hole golf course. This Par 71 layout comes packed with challenging shots, slick sloping greens, large false fronts and is a true test for players of all skill sets.
After a 1982 U.S. Open Qualifier, future Masters Champion Ben Crenshaw stepped off the 18th green and said “playing here was like playing in heaven”.  In addition, members have access to our wonderful practice facilities that include our 10 acre driving range, short game and bunker area, and two chipping and putting greens.
The clubhouse is home to delicious ala carte dining prepared by a staff well seasoned in the private club industry.  Non-golf activities include a heated outdoor swimming pool, seven Har-Tru clay tennis courts and numerous member social/dining events.